Saturday, April 16, 2011

Waking with Spirit




Spirit wakes me. “Go write.”
I jump to the call, eager and willing.
I look at the clock –
It’s so early. I need my rest.
I will be tired, how will I get through my day?
I reconsider. I wisely go back to sleep.
My alarm wakes me. “Get to work.”
No time to write. I missed my chance.
Spirit, how can I follow you and stay in this world?

My little one – let go – relax.
I will take care of you. We will work together.
I know your needs and I know your heart.
Trust me with them and try something new.
Your needs are important to me.
I will take care of you..
I need a body to dance my dance.
I need a voice to sing my song.
I need a hand to write my words.
Wake up little one and play with me.
Try it out.
Trust me with the lead.
We will take turns, and lead together.

5 comments:

Ben and Cortney said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing.

Jonathan Reiner said...

Love it, Anita.Your words are like an ointment for my bruised soul.

Denell said...

Thank you! Beautiful reminder from a beautiful woman!

Cora said...

I LOVE!! we will take turns and lead together! Have you heard the song Lord of the Dance?? I think of that song with this...one of my favorites. I love you!

Marie Petite said...

Beautiful!