Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The New Story of My Life



Finally! Finally, I have permission to step out of my old story.

My Old Story:

A story of a little girl who was needy,
Born to a family who needed someone to need.
A little girl laden with life’s challenges early,
Before she understood the difference between challenges and life.
A little girl who thought she needed others to think for her.
A beautiful little girl.
A beautiful family.
A beautiful story.

A Story …

It is time and the opportunity is here
For me to write a new story.

My New Story:

A story of a strong, competent, free woman,
Living in a world that needed her light.
A woman accepting life’s challenges late,
After she understood there was no difference between living life and hunting treasure.
A woman who loved her ideas, and loved thinking them.
A beautiful woman.
A beautiful life.
A beautiful story.

A Story . . .

The truth of either of these stories
Lies in the seeker looking for the story.
The pen that writes them and interprets them
Is the pen that spins them.

The truest part of both of these stories
Is that I’m the one who holds the pen
And the one who creates the vision.

5 comments:

Jamie Dana said...

What a beautiful poem. I love you.

Unknown said...

Anita, Such a beautiful piece of you!!!! You are a beautiful & wise woman! Love you, Karen

Melanie said...

Anita! Why haven't I been keeping up with your blog? I want to start at the beginning and read everything!
You are so insightful and brave and wise. I am inspired. Now I need to figure out what to do with the inspiration!

pamelasue said...

Really nice!

Marie Petite said...

What a beautiful story! :)