Sunday, January 9, 2011

I miss Jefferson


This Christmas all of my children were here except Jefferson. He is on his mission in Brazil. Jeff didn't get to be here, but we did get to talk to him. The following is something that I wrote about him the day he left for his mission.

I don't know what I think of motherhood. Sure it's wonderful - all of the cute things that they say and do. All of the fun things that I get to say and do because I have them. But what about the other part? What about all of the poopy diapers and talking back? Well, I guess I knew that that was a part of it too. The part that I'm having a tough time with is the broken heart that comes when one of my kids leave. Growing up and separating is natural and part of life, but it sure can hurt. Jefferson left for his mission in Brazil this week. I'm proud of him and I'm glad that he is going, but I'm really not enjoying feeling like my insides just got ripped out. If missing out on knowing him meant that I wouldn’t have to experience pain, I would definitely choose knowing him. But, if I had it my way, I’d skip the pain.

5 comments:

Jamie Dana said...

Aw, I miss Booga too. I love and relate to your thoughts on motherhood. You are the best mother and I am so thankful for your example to help me muddle through it all. I love you Mom.

Unknown said...

Anita,
what a beautiful work you have here-so honest and heartfelt! You are amazing and i look fwd to your next entry! Love,Karen

Anonymous said...

Anita, it's so cool that you're doing this. Your posts have an honesty, awareness and sweetness to them that's really touching. I so appreciate you.

Miriam said...

Anita, how sweet and tender these posts are. I'm so glad you're doing this!

Jana Neser said...

I miss Booga! I'm so glad you're my Mom.